Greater Hume Council has put in place the following measures with regard to both residential and animal evacuation or relocation which may be necessary in coming days.

For residents: If you are required to evacuate or leave your home please call into the Greater Hume Information Point at Holbrook Library located at Library Court in Holbrook, or phone 0429 310 205 to obtain information on the options available.

For animal relocations: Local Land Services is the current agency responsible for large animal evacuations. Holbrook Showground and Sporting Complex (off Jingellic Road in Holbrook’s east) is the official selfcare animal facility. Please contact Local Land Services Agriculture and Animal Services Hotline on 1800 814 647 for assistance. For more information visit the NSW DPI website.

Council advises that while these facilities are available to those who need them, as always there is limited space.

Should you become threatened by bushfire, please seek shelter with friends or family. Council continues to work alongside local RFS, Fire and Rescue, Police and SES with all its available resources devoted to the bushfire effort. Council and its staff sincerely thank all agencies for their dedication and support to the Greater Hume community.

For the most up to date information on fires affecting our region go to the NSW Rural Fire Service website or twitter feed or call the Bushfire Information Line on 1800 679 737.

If you require further local information please go to the Greater Hume Council Bushfire Assistance page.