Local MP Sussan Ley has welcomed the Coalition Government’s latest higher education reforms, which is set to provide regional students more university places and more study support.
The Government’s Job-ready Graduates legislation passed the Senate today, unlocking…
• More university places for students, with the fastest growth for regional universities.
• $5k scholarships for students from outer regional and remote areas to help pay relocation costs.
• $21m to establish more Regional University Centres
• $48.8m to fund research collaboration between regional universities, industry and other higher education partners.
• $17.1m over four years for demand driven Commonwealth supported university places for Indigenous students from regional and remote areas.
“This additional support for regional students and universities brings our Government’s total investment to more than $1 billion to improve higher education opportunities for regional and remote Australia since 2016.”
“This is all about supporting more students from Farrer and other regional and remote areas, to learn the skills they will need to succeed in the jobs of the future,” Ms Ley said.
For information on these new opportunities for regional students please link to the Department of Education, Skills and Employment website.