The 2020 Federal Budget is the plan we need right now to emerge post-COVID. It is supporting people into jobs and creating opportunities for new growth in areas of need.
And, yet again, regional Australia is always an important part of the Coalition Government’s path forward.
As well as tax breaks for workers, a new no-limit instant asset business write-off, extra money for local government projects and roads plus continued support for Murray Darling Basin communities, there is $30m in new funding commitments across Farrer.
To find out more on each of our government’s budget initiatives link here.
Key local spending measures in 2020-21 include:
- $9m ‘stabling’ infrastructure to house VLocity Trains on their Melbourne-Albury turnaround
- $4.6 million towards sealing 25km of Pooncarie Rd towards Menindee
- $3.6m for a fast rail feasibility study (Melbourne and Albury)
- $8.2m (this year Farrer wide) on Drought Communities Support funding
- Upgrades for the Newell Hwy between Narrandera to Tocumwal
- Replacing North Kooba Bridge on Kidman Way at Benerembah Channel near Griffith
- An extra $14.5m to Councils through the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program
- $2.6 million to complete the 5km rail siding at Ettamogah Rail Hub
- $9m in road and bridge safety upgrades across the region
- $3.2 million to get the Albury-Wodonga Regional Deal underway
- $5m to finish Albury’s Davey Rd Interchange this year
- $50 million boost to the (drought) water infrastructure rebate scheme
- $5m this year to create a Regional Radiation Treatment Centre the Griffith MIA region
For further information on these, or any of the fiscal measures assisting us in Farrer please contact my office.