Farrer MP Sussan Ley has welcomed the latest Commonwealth-State joint-funding announcement of $2.68 million in projects across New South Wales, to better protect communities from the threat of bushfire.
Local projects in Farrer include:
- Munderoo Fire Tower – Greater Hume $32,000
- Bullock Head Road – Murray $6,000
- Dusty Trail – Wakool $10,000
- South River Road – Wakool $5,000
- Coxs Road – Wakool $5,000
- Oakhampton Fire Trail – Wakool $15,000
The local sites are among 126 projects to maintain vital fire trails and fire towers.
The Natural Disaster Resilience Program is jointly supported by the Commonwealth
and NSW State Government with a total of $13.5m provided since last year.